1. Hang out by the Prospect Park bandshell and listen to Animal Collective
Tonight is a benefit show for Celebrate Brooklyn. Tickets are sold-out (and I for one am without a ticket), but I’m still hoping to head down there and catch some music. Fingers crossed the thunderstorms hold off.
Show starts at 6:30PM, more details here.
2. Red Hook Summer Films: Men In Black
A classic! And apparently a 3rd MIB is on its way. Red Hook Lobster Pound will be around selling their grub and Home/Made will have popcorn for a $1.
Movie starts at sundown (around 8:30PM) at Valentino Park and Pier, more details here.
3. Just Add Water: Orchestra of St. Lukes Summer Favorites
The St. Lukes Orchestra will be playing music from Rodgers & Hammerstein, John Williams, Aaron Copland and George Gershwin.
Williamsburg Waterfront from 6PM – 9PM, more details here.
4. Brooklyn Hip-Hop Festival presents Under the Influence
Part opening reception, part art show (with over 50 artists).
Tonight form 6PM-10PM at the powerHouse Arena in Dumbo, more details here.
5. Dancing Under the Stars on 5th Ave
Bring your dashing shoes to 5th ave and 4th street. It’s salsa night tonight, featuring Sonido Costeno.
From 7PM – 9PM, more details here.